As a Student Nurse we will support you to diversity your skills and build on your experience.
If you're a student nurse, you'll be aware that two of the biggest challenges that student nurses face today are getting practical experience alongside paying their bills while at university. It’s therefore unsurprising that many student nurses choose to work as a healthcare assistant, so they can ‘earn while they learn’.
Our Student Nurses love the variety and flexibility available at Tezlom. We work with many healthcare establishments throughout the UK including local Nursing Homes, Residential Homes, Learning Disability Units, Mental Health Units, NHS Hospitals and Private Hospitals. Our establishment placements are delivered in shifts including days, nights, early, late and sleeps. This is ideal if you are looking to top-up your existing income with additional shifts to fit around your current studies or whether you’re looking for up to full time work on a flexible basis during the summer holidays!
Why join Tezlom as a Student Nurse?
- Manage your own workload - Choose your own shifts by submitting your availability on a weekly basis, you are in control of your own workload. Take on as much or as little as you please to fit around your studies in different healthcare settings.
Training opportunities - when you join our Tezlom family, we provide you with expert training so you can provide the best possible care including FREE award-winning Basic Life Support training and mandatory training.
Weekly pay, every friday - Get paid for the experince you're gaining by submitting timesheets every Monday and getting paid the following Friday
We'll support you - Here at Tezlom we can appreciate how difficult juggling your studies, working and having some downtime can be. We'll provide you with free fortnightly yoga sessions held at our Southport Head Office, discounted DW gym membership as well as the flexibility to work as and when you choose to.
What do you need to work as a Student Nurse with Tezlom?
- Either 12 weeks worth of clinical placement experience or 3 months UK paid previous support work experience within the last 5 years
- Enhanced Adult & Child Workforce DBS (either processed with Tezlom or on the Update Service)
- A minimum of 2 satisfactory references
- Confirmation of your nursing studies
- Mandatory training dated within the last 12 months
So, what are the benefits of working with Tezlom?
- Commitment to developing an approach to mental health at work – we take pride in looking after all our members of staff and partners. With this said, we plan a range of activities to promote key messages to educate all staff and managers to remove any stigma associated with mental health.
- Fitness and wellbeing – as a Tezlom agency worker you’ll receive Discounted DW Fitness Gym memberships for you and your family/friends, FREE monthly yoga and mindful coaching sessions, health and nutrition advice along with the chance to participate in sponsored charity events for Parkinson’s UK and other national charities!
- Training opportunities – when you join our Tezlom family, we provide you with expert training so you can provide the best possible care including GSA Accredited PMVA training, FREE award-winning basic life support and mandatory training.
- Flexibility – as each client is different with a variety of hours, we provide unique flexibility that you can’t find in other career paths. Hours during the day, evening, weekends and bank holidays mean you won’t miss out of daily family life.
- Career development – at Tezlom, our support workers have plenty of opportunities to develop and progress in their career with our on-going staff development which offers qualification opportunities and FREE specialised online training courses
- Dedicated support – Before your first shift with Tezlom, you’ll have received a personalised welcome call and induction from our bookings team, your own Tezlom ID Badge and timesheets along with support from the team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Make a real difference – our clients enable people to remain living independently and comfortably in the familiarity of their home. All our Student Nurses deliver a person-centered approach to care, listening to a client’s requests and supporting their bespoke care plan for them. We match our Student Nurses with clients, so they can build a friendship based on trust.
With the dedication from everyone that works here at Tezlom, we recruit professional and compassionate Student Nurses who can support our clients daily. We look for someone who is trustworthy, reliable and enthusiastic who we would trust to look after our own family. So, if you’re looking to join the team at Tezlom, why not apply online today or call the office on 01704 544247. We would love to hear from you!