As a Tezlom Support Worker, we will support you to diversity your skills and build on your experience.
We take into consideration the services you wish to expand your knowledge within and will support you with any specific training to enable you to do your job to the best of your ability. At Tezlom, we pride ourselves on delivering quality care and support to help individuals remain living a comfortable and independent life.
Our Support Workers love the variety and flexibility available at Tezlom. We work with many healthcare establishments throughout the UK including drugs and alcohol rehabilitation, medium and low secure units, mental health hospitals, NHS hospitals, supported living accommodation, homeless hostels, learning disability services and day centers for individuals with enduring mental health and other complex needs. Our establishment placements are delivered in shifts including days, nights, early, late and sleeps. This is ideal if you are looking to top-up your existing income with additional shifts to fit around your current commitments or whether you’re looking for up to full time work on a flexible basis.
What is expected of a Support Worker?
As a Tezlom Support Worker, you will be assisting children, young adults and adults who may have individual mental health and complex needs. You will support individuals to reach their potential, maintain what is important to them, assist with personal care and everyday activities such as laundry, creating shopping lists, grocery shopping and attending appointments. Support Workers are a vital part of providing vulnerable people with care and are able to radically improve their quality of life. Support Workers assist individuals who are unable to live independently by offering them the practical help they need as well as emotional support. You will be caring and attentive with the skills to build strong and trusting relationships and promote the individual’s independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care.
What do you need to work as a Support Worker with Tezlom?
- 3 months UK paid previous support work experience within the last 5 years
- Enhanced Adult & Child Workforce DBS (either processed with Tezlom or on the Update Service)
- A minimum of 2 satisfactory references
- Mandatory training dated within the last 12 months
So, what are the benefits of working with Tezlom?
- Commitment to developing an approach to mental health at work – we take pride in looking after all our members of staff and partners. With this said, we plan a range of activities to promote key messages to educate all staff and managers to remove any stigma associated with mental health.
- Fitness and wellbeing – as a Tezlom agency worker you’ll receive Discounted DW Fitness Gym memberships for you and your family/friends, FREE monthly yoga and mindful coaching sessions, health and nutrition advice along with the chance to participate in sponsored charity events for Parkinson’s UK and other national charities!
- Training opportunities – when you join our Tezlom family, we provide you with expert training so you can provide the best possible care including GSA Accredited PMVA training, FREE award-winning basic life support and mandatory training.
- Flexibility – as each client is different with a variety of hours, we provide unique flexibility that you can’t find in other career paths. Hours during the day, evening, weekends and bank holidays mean you won’t miss out of daily family life.
- Career development – at Tezlom, our support workers have plenty of opportunities to develop and progress in their career with our on-going staff development which offers qualification opportunities and FREE specialised online training courses
- Dedicated support – Before your first shift with Tezlom, you’ll have received a personalised welcome call and induction from our bookings team, your own Tezlom ID Badge and timesheets along with support from the team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Make a real difference – our clients enable people to remain living independently and comfortably in the familiarity of their home. All our Support Workers deliver a person-centered approach to care, listening to a client’s requests and supporting their bespoke care plan for them. We match our Support Workers with clients, so they can build a friendship based on trust.
With the dedication from everyone that works here at Tezlom, we recruit professional and compassionate Support Workers who can support our clients daily. We look for someone who is trustworthy, reliable and enthusiastic who we would trust to look after our own family. So, if you’re looking to join the team at Tezlom, why not apply online today or call the office on 01704 544247. We would love to hear from you!